About Cyber Ireland
Cyber Ireland is the national cyber security cluster organisation that brings together Industry, Academia and Government to represent the needs of the Cyber Security Ecosystem in Ireland. We aim to enhance the Innovation, Growth and Competitiveness of the companies and organisations which are part of the cluster.
Cybersecurity is a rapidly growing industry internationally, for which there are a number of opportunities and challenges:
- $248 billion worldwide cybersecurity spending by 2023
- Over $600 billion – the global cost of cybercrime in 2017
- 0% – the unemployment in cyber security and 3.5 million unfilled jobs predicted by 2021
- Increasing global competition for talent & investment
Ireland has become a significant base of international technology and security companies:
- Top 5 worldwide security software companies
- Over 40 MNCs with Cyber Security Operations
- Over 60 Irish Cyber Security Companies & Start-ups
- Over 7,000 people working in cyber security industry
- Strong talent pool, highly skilled multi-lingual workforce
Ireland is uniquely placed to benefit from increased global investment, it has an opportunity to position itself as a world class cyber security practices, solutions and investment hub. Cyber Ireland aims to facilitate the cyber security ecosystem to capitalise upon this opportunity. Find out more in Cyber Ireland’s State of the Cyber Security Sector in Ireland 2022 Report.