8th Dec – Cyber Security and Privacy Protection in the Time of Pandemic
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is coordinating a U.S.-Ireland cyber security summit scheduled for Tuesday, December 8th (3-4pm GMT) that may be of interest to Cyber Ireland members.
Join us for a keynote presentation and panel discussion on trends in cyber security and privacy across the value chain for businesses and government agencies of all sizes in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
This session is the first in a series of tech-focused discussions organized by DCED’s Office of International Business Development in cooperation with its partners both in Pennsylvania and the Island of Ireland. Stay tuned for future discussions with prominent companies, thought leaders, and universities in the fields of Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning, Robotics, Big Data/Data Analytics, and Smart Cities.
- Don Mathis – General Manager, Growth, Comcast NBC Universal
Director (Board), BluVector, A Comcast Company
BluVector is trusted to protect critical assets from cyber attacks thanks to nearly a decade of innovation in the areas of machine learning and artificial intelligence. Backed by Comcast, BluVector serves both Public Sector and Enterprise Commercial customers throughout the world.
- Tim Wainwright, CEO, Security Risk Advisors (SRA)
SRA is a highly specialized cybersecurity consulting firm with offices in Kilkenny, Ireland, and Philadelphia, PA. SRA’s team of next generation cybersecurity practitioners works closely with each client to improve strategies and programs, assess controls and threats, and implement and operate the best solutions to meet their unique needs and business environments.
- Matt LaVigna, President & CEO, National Cyber Forensics & Training Alliance (NCFTA)
NCFTA is a non-profit partnership between private industry, government, and academia that provides a neutral, trusted environment that enables two-way collaboration and cooperation to identify, mitigate and disrupt cyber crime.
- Márie O’Neill Ph.D., Director, Institute of Electronics, Communications and Information Technology (ECIT) Queen’s University of Belfast
Professor O’Neill is a leading cybersecurity expert and widely regarded as one of Europe’s leading cryptography experts and the inventor of a high-speed silicon security chip that is used in more than 100 million TV set-top boxes. Her current work focuses on the design of novel security solutions for communications applications.
- Erik Avakian, CISSP, CISA, CISM – Chief Information Security Officer, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Ciarán Madden – Consul General of Ireland
- Neil Weaver – Executive Deputy Secretary, PA Dept of Community & Economic Development (DCED)
- Joseph D. Burke – Deputy Secretary for International Business, PA DCED
Do you want to be part of Ireland’s Cyber Security Cluster? Check our Membership Page