Product development and innovation are at the heart of growth but often need costly technology support. Previously known as Fusion, Innovation Boost can provide that support by helping to fund a high calibre science, engineering or technology graduate and partnering you with a third-level institution with specific expertise.
The graduate is employed by you and is based in your company throughout the project (12 – 18 months) with mentoring from the academic partner and InterTradeIreland Innovation Boost consultant.
18-month support package – worth up to £56,000 / €67,900 typically in the area of new product/service development.
12-month support project – worth £39,000/€47,400 typically in the area of process improvement.
Am I Eligible?
To qualify for financial support through Innovation Boost, your business must be:
- A manufacturing or tradable services company, located on the island of Ireland (North or South)
- Financially viable
- 2-year trading history
- Understanding of and capacity for innovation
- Indigenous to the island of Ireland
- 5 – 249 full-time employees
- Able to demonstrate the need for Innovation Boost technical support
- Able to demonstrate the capacity and commitment to supporting an Innovation Boost project at senior management level