HEAnet is Ireland’s National Research and Education Network.
HEAnet is Ireland’s National Research and Education Network, providing internet connectivity and ICT shared services across all levels of the Irish education system, reaching 1,000,000 end users. We connect learners and researchers across all of Ireland to education resources and to fellow national educational and research networks in Europe, and the rest of the world.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Security and Risk Adviser (Vulnerability & PEN Testing) to join our ICT Security Services Team for a period of twelve (12) months fixed term contract.
What the ICT Security Services Team does
The team provides a set of core security services which are common to our clients. These services include but are not limited to: penetration testing, vulnerability scanning, security awareness training, policy review and development.
How we do it
Our company values underpin how we do things in HEAnet. We believe in and live by our values and understand they are integral to making HEAnet a great place to work.
For further information about who we are and our core values, see https://www.heanet.ie/who-we-are
What you get from us
We value knowledge sharing and communication. Each week we have a team meeting where the team has catch-ups to cover outstanding issues and planned work for the week. You will also have a 1:1 meeting every week with your manager. We have frequent presentations from anyone in the company on a wide range of topics from technical demos to project management to mental health. On different days of the week any team member may be working from home, so we use tools like Microsoft Teams to keep in touch.
We encourage critical thinking and the exploration of new ideas. We often form cross-team special interest groups for specific topic discussions, both ongoing and for fixed projects. We provide a diverse workload. Everyone on the team has responsibility for responsibility for their assigned tasks, but we limit individual performance objectives to a max of 30%, so you will get to work in multiple areas with different team members. We promote a healthy work/life balance. Work outside of standard hours is rare and agreed in advance. We take the care of our team members’ mental health seriously.
Flexible start/finish times
Health insurance for employees
Defined contribution pension scheme
On-going well-being initiatives
Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
TaxSaver Ticket scheme
Cycle to Work scheme
Professional education support
Comprehensive group and individual training & development initiatives
What we need from you
The main focus for this role will be to conduct technical security assessments, so you will have:
- Ability to conduct, lead and deliver ICT security assessments and risk analysis of Applications, Network, and Infrastructure for on-premise and cloud-based environments (including developing appropriate technical and management reports).
- Ability to conduct, lead and deliver Penetration tests, as required, to HEAnet clients (including developing appropriate technical and management reports).
- Experience in Technical Security Architecture review, design and assessments.
- Ability to perform Phishing simulations style attacks from design to analysis and reporting.
- An organised approach to work and an ability to prioritise effectively.
- Self-motivation and the willingness to take on responsibility for your own area of work.
- Valuing teamwork and an ability to work effectively with all our Security & Risk Advisers, the organisation, and clients to achieve common goals.
- Strong communication and influencing skills. You’ll be comfortable conveying information in an effective manner, which includes allowing people to understand your approach, but also taking into consideration other people’s perspective, and where appropriate resolve conflicting viewpoints.
We do not need you to have experience in the following areas, but if you did it could be beneficial:
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) qualification.
- Knowledge and experience working with Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Familiarity with Cloud based infrastructure services and virtualisation technologies.
- Familiarity with international best practices such as ISO 27001 and NIST.
- Experience in delivering information security awareness training.
More important information
At HEAnet we celebrate diversity and understand how important it is to our ongoing success. We would like to hear from candidates who are great at what they do and whose values align with ours.
If you need any adjustments made to the application or selection process so you can do your best, please let us know.
HEAnet are delighted to be awarded with the ‘Best in Health and Wellbeing 2021’ through the InBusiness awards from Chambers Ireland and shortlisted as medium company of the year 2021 through the Ibec Keep Well Mark. We take pride in developing, maintaining and enhancing our culture of wellbeing and continue to focus on this into 2022 and beyond.
To apply for this job please visit heanet.bamboohr.com.