HEAnet is Ireland’s National Research and Education Network.
HEAnet has an exciting opportunity for a Team Lead – Penetration & Vulnerability Management to join the ICT Security Services Team on a permanent contract basis. The closing date for applications is Friday, March 3rd 2023.
Who is HEAnet
HEAnet is Ireland’s National Research and Education Network, providing internet connectivity and ICT shared services across all levels of the Irish education system, reaching 1,000,000 end users. We connect learners and researchers across all of Ireland to education resources and fellow national educational and research networks in Europe, and the rest of the world.
What the ICT Security Services Team does
The team provides a set of core security services that are common to our clients. These services include but are not limited to security awareness training, penetration testing, vulnerability scanning, policy review, and development.
Reporting to the Security Services Manager, the successful Team Lead will be leading a team of Security & Risk Advisers delivering penetration testing and vulnerability scans to clients. They will ensure that the team is set up for success by focusing on people’s strengths with a clear emphasis on our competency framework.
The Team Lead will be required to complete testing and scans from time to time.
How we do it
Our company values underpin how we do things in HEAnet. We believe in and live by our values and understand they are integral to making HEAnet a great place to work.
For further information about who we are and our core values, see https://www.heanet.ie/who-we-are/who-we-are
What you get from us
We promote a healthy work/life balance. Work outside of standard hours is rare and agreed upon in advance. We take the care of our team members’ mental health seriously.
We value knowledge-sharing and communication. Each week we have a team meeting where the team has catch ups to cover outstanding issues and planned work for the week.
We encourage critical thinking and the exploration of new ideas. We often form cross-team special interest groups for specific topic discussions, both ongoing and fixed projects.
We provide a diverse and interesting workload but limit single performance objectives to a max of 30%, so you will get to work in multiple areas with different team members each year.
- Hybrid Working
- Flexible start/finish times
- Health insurance for employees
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- On-going well-being initiatives
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- TaxSaver Ticket scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Professional education support
- Comprehensive group and individual training & development initiatives
What we need from you
- Leadership and management skills required to lead a team of Security & Risk Advisers (Penetration Testing & Vulnerability Scanning)
- Proven Penetration Testing and Vulnerability Management hands-on experience
- Ability to build on continuous service improvements and innovation within the ICT Security Services team
- Strong report writing experience
- Proven organisational skills with a high level of confidence in interactions with external clients
- An organised approach to work and an ability to prioritise effectively in a busy and changing environment
- Experience in being flexible with adapting to new deadlines
- Lead the delivery of technical workshops and presentations when required
- Ability to delegate tasks and set deadlines for Security and Risk Advisers (Penetration testing & Vulnerability scanning) within the team
- Foster openness and trust within the team through our company values and use of HEAnet’s performance management system
We do not need you to have experience in the following areas, but if you did it could be beneficial:
- Knowledge of standards and directives such as NIST, NIS2, and ISO 27001.
- Phishing simulation experience.
More important information
At HEAnet we celebrate diversity and understand how important it is to our ongoing success. We would like to hear from candidates who are great at what they do and whose values align with ours.
If you need any adjustments made to the application or selection process so you can do your best, please let us know.
HEAnet is delighted to be awarded the ‘Best in Health and Wellbeing 2021’ through the InBusiness awards from Chambers Ireland and shortlisted as medium company of the year 2021 through the Ibec Keep Well Mark. We take pride in developing, maintaining and enhancing our culture of wellbeing and continue to focus on this into 2023 and beyond.
To apply for this job please visit heanet.bamboohr.com.