Malwarebytes is accepting applications for the role of Financial Accountant.
Malwarebytes believes that when people and organizations are free from threats, they are free to thrive. Founded in 2008, CEO Marcin Kleczynski had one mission: to rid the world of malware. Today, Malwarebytes has grown beyond malware remediation to ensuring cyberprotection for everyone, providing device protection, privacy, and prevention solutions in the home, on the go, at work, or on campus. With threat hunters and innovators across the world, we want great people, like YOU, to join our team!
Malwarebytes is looking for..
As the company has been expanding at a fast pace, we are facing challenges to overcome and transform the company into a more efficient and result-driven organization.
This requires our finance team to act as a cohesion point to drive cross-functional alignment on the planning and execution of the company’s key initiatives. In that regard, we’re looking for a Financial Accountant who is motivated, flexible, and resilient to join our Global Accounting Team in Cork. We believe that this is your opportunity to prove yourself and get rewarded with the success of the company.
This role is currently hybrid with an expectation of 2- 3 days a week onsite in our office in Cork depending on business needs.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform account reconciliations and analyses, prepare standard journal entries in NetSuite and review accounting classifications, in accordance with GAAP.
- Preparation of monthly accounts for Global entities and ensuring comprehensive month-end files are prepared to support all balances at the reporting date, including reconciliations, detailed schedules, and support.
- Assist with monthly management reporting including variance and flux analyses.
- Prepare various reports/schedules for external auditors during annual audits.
- Assist with technical accounting issues facing the team and implementation of new standards as required.
- Manage various regulatory filings, applications and routine reporting and compliance.
- Prepare/file Vat returns.
- Intercompany journal entries and foreign intercompany account reconciliations.
- Other ad-hoc duties and project support as assigned by the Accounting Manager
The Financial Accountant will be expected to develop and maintain proactive and trusting relationships with both internal and external shareholders. Accordingly, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills/competencies as outlined below:
Skills You’ll Need to Have:
- A recognised Accountancy Qualification is a pre-requisite e.g. ACA, ACCA, CPA or CIMA.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or business-related degree.
- Relevant experience from accounting practice and/or public multinational high-tech companies with experience in strategic improvements.
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to prioritise tasks and deadlines.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven ability to work on own initiative in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- A willing, eager attitude to learn and develop.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent MS office skills, particularly Excel skills (pivot, v-lookup tables), Word and PowerPointExcellent computer skills, including the development of complex spreadsheets
- Team player, self-motivated.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to do something great for yourself and the world
- A great work environment that supports growth, development, and most importantly having fun!
- Comprehensive medical coverage
- Competitive salary
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Wellness programs
- Stocked kitchens with drinks, snacks and fruit
To apply for this job please visit www.malwarebytes.com.