The National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) was established by Government with a broad remit across the cyber security of Government ICT and critical national infrastructure. The NCSC acts as a central contact point in the event of a government or nation-wide cyber security incident affecting the State. It also coordinates and supports the response to significant incidents.
Reporting to the Secretary General, the Director is a key senior management position in the Department. They will lead the NCSC team, comprising highly skilled, specialist technical civilian staff. The NCSC currently has a staff complement of 25 which will grow incrementally to at least 45 staff over the next two years and at least 70 staff over the next five years. The Director will have responsibility for setting the strategic direction for the NCSC at a time of significant transformation and expansion and against the backdrop of the increased risk levels for the State in relation to cyber security.
The successful candidate will have:
- A proven record of accomplishment as a leader and senior manager in a large or complex organisation;
- Strong understanding of the current global cyber environment and its challenges for Ireland.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills with an ability to build effective relationships and lead at a senior level with other Government Departments, key state agencies, commercial organisations and other stakeholders;
- Excellent communications skills with an ability to engage with media, parliamentary committees, etc, when required, as the public face of the NCSC
- Political awareness and sound judgment in dealing with both policy and operational issues.
This is a Top Level Appointments Committee (TLAC) position.
If you feel you would benefit from a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please contact Michelle Noone on firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for receipt of completed applications is 3pm on Thursday, 14th October, 2021.
The Public Appointments Service has engaged the services of a Search Partner to work on this recruitment process.
We are committed to a policy of equal opportunity and encourage applications under all nine grounds of the Employment Equality Act.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.