All Cyber Ireland’s activities are developed by the cluster members for the Cyber Security community. We’re looking for volunteers to join the cluster’s activities in 2021 and have a number of opportunities for you to contribute to, from Speaking Opportunities, Career Promotion to Schools, an SME Sub-committee and much more.
If you are interested, please complete the Form below:
North West Chapter Event: Cyber Security Start-Ups ans Scale-Ups
On Friday the 22nd of January 2021 at 11am Philip Close, director of Secora Consulting will give an overview of the Cybersecurity company. We will have also Marco Borza, founder and CEO of Advantio will share the story of Advantio’s journey to date.
The testimonies will be followed by a Q&A session with Kevin Buckley (Cybersecurity specialist with Enterprise Ireland), John McGarvey (Lecturer in LYIT) and Jillian Ruggiere (The Base Enterprise NW).
TI Series: From Zero to Hero
03 Workshop: Law Enforcement TI Overview
The 3rd TI Series Webinar will hear from Brian Halligan, Inspector at the Garda National Cyber Crime Bureau on how industry can engage with law enforcement. Brian will discuss recent cyber security incidents and the reporting procedure with GNCCB, and their connections with Europol and Interpol. We will explore how the cyber security industry and law enforcement can work closer together.
Talent & Skills
CyberQuest is a Skills Connectprogramme supporting the re-skilling of workers most impacted by Covid-19. We are here to help improve employment prospects with targeted training solutions to develop your skills and confidence in Cyber Security.
CyberQuest is actively encouraging people from all diverse backgrounds to apply: Women, Defence Forces Veterans, Neuro-diverse People, Graduates and Non-Graduates alike. More information here
Technology Ireland ICT Skillnet Programmes (2020 – 21)
More information here
New Job Posts
- Webroot (Remote), Dublin – Threat Research Analyst
- JRI-America, Kerry – SOC Cyber Security Analyst
- University of Limerick. Two lecturer positions in Computer Engineering (CyberSecurity)
- VMWare, Cork. Technical Program Manager, Security Response Center
- Accenture, Dublin – 5 New Roles
Find more open roles HERE
What’s Happening in Europe
- On December 16th the EC presented a new EU Cybersecurity Strategy and Press Release. The Strategy includes plans for a joint unit and an AI-enabled Cyber Shield (Here)
- The proposal for a new cyber law (NIS 2 Directive) will have far reaching consequences – Proposal for a NIS 2.0
- €95.5B Horizon Europe budget for R&D agreed. In Horizon Europe, for the period 2021-2027, cybersecurity is part of the ‘Civil Security for Society’ cluster. The Work Programme 2021-2022 is currently under preparation.
- The upcoming Digital Europe Programme, for the period 2021-2027, is an ambitious programme that is planned to invest €1.9 billion into cybersecurity capacity and the wide deployment of cybersecurity infrastructures and tools across the EU, for public administrations, businesses, and individuals.
- Cybersecurity Competence Centre and Network – the new EU Cybersecurity Competence Centre will be located in Bucharest, Romania. Currently, four pilot projects are running to lay the groundwork for the Competence Centre and Network. They involve more than 170 partners.
- Cybersecurity Atlas: Register your organisation: To have a better overview of cybersecurity expertise and capacity across the EU, the Commission has developed a comprehensive platform called the Cybersecurity Atlas
BREXIT & COVID-19
InterTrade Ireland Supports
Enterprise Ireland Brexit Supports
All relevant Brexit related interventions from Enterprise Ireland can be found here
- Jan 19th – Insurtech Network Centre Webinar: The Central Bank’s Innovation Hub
- Jan 25th – 4th BeyondIoT – Online Conference 2021
- Feb 2nd – ENISA. Cybersecurity Standardization Conference 2021