First Annual Cyber Skills Survey
Survey Respondent: The survey is targeted at the most senior person responsible for cyber security in the organisation or the HR Manager. Only one survey is to be completed for each organisation. It takes approx. 15 minutes and can be taken at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/X7ZFKTZ
The deadline is the 29th of July. For any questions, or to check if your organisation has completed the survey, contact: [email protected]
Eighteen New Cyber Security Courses Funded To Address Industry Skills Needs
The programmes range from certificate (level 6) up to masters (level 9) and cover areas such as Blockchain, Digital Forensics, Industrial Networks, Risk & Compliance and Cybersecurity Management. All courses have been designed and developed in close collaboration with industry, to address areas of immediate and future growth and ensure a dynamic pipeline of job-ready graduates. Cyber Ireland supported the applications for several of these new courses and our members’ contribution in their development ensure the courses meet current and future industry needs.
Download the list of Cyber Security courses below. The full list of courses and eligibility criteria is available at www.springboardcourses.ie
Cyber Intern Programme from IT@Cork Skillnet
Is your organisation looking for a cyber intern who has been thoroughly screened for aptitude? The it@cork Skillnet CyberTalent Employment Activation Programme (CEAP) has screened over 120 candidates to select the 10 most suitable for Cyber roles. The 10 candidates come from a diverse group of professional migrant women who are part of the Cyber4Women Migrant Women Initiative and are benefiting from online cyber security training through Immersive Labs learning platform.
For more information about the programme, see: it@cork Skillnet CEAP Programme
New Jobs Posts
- Security Operations Analyst, McKesson, Cork
- Senior Cyber Security Analyst, HPE, Galway
- Principal Security Engineer, WP Engine, Limerick (Work from home)
- Cyber Security Analyst, JRI-America, Tralee
€10.5 million EU funding available for Cybersecurity
- Internal capacity building,
- Information Sharing and Analysis Centres, and
- Stakeholders involved in cybersecurity certification, notably conformity assessment bodies
Join us on Tuesday 25th August, 11.00 – 12.00
NCSC Cybersecurity Assessment Scheme – Call closing 31st July
While COVID-19 is first and foremost a medical and human challenge, we in the Cyber Security community can do our part in joining this national effort.
The NCSC, supported by Cyber Ireland, put out a call to identify Subject Matter Experts who are willing to volunteer their expertise and time (free of charge) to support the Health Sector in the case of a significant cyber security incident which impacts the Healthcare provider’s ability to deliver critical services.
If you, or colleagues in your organisation, have experience in responding to cyber security incidents (5+ years minimum), then please consider contributing to this initiative. Thank you to those who have answered the call for Subject Matter Experts to date. The closing date for application to Phase 1 of the Scheme is July 31st 2020.
For further information on how to apply, see: https://cyberireland.ie/cyber-resources/cyber-assistance-scheme/
Recent Online Meetings
- Cyber Security Standards with NSAI (24th June)– learn about Ireland’s role inputting into international cyber security standards through the National Cybersecurity Standards Mirror committee. Why are standards important and how can Cyber Ireland members participate? –Video & Podcast
- 3rd South Chapter Meeting June 2020 (16th June): ‘Cyber Security and the Workforce of the Future – The Human Element’ – Video & Podcast
- NxNW Cyber Meet-up (18th June) – Cyber Ireland partnered with NI Cyber to talk about Cyber Security at the June NxNW Tech meetup
Upcoming Online Meetings
- Azure Forum – Webinar on “Global disinformation campaigns during the Covid-19 crisis” – Register Here (29th July)
- ‘Information Webinar on CEF Telecom Call – Cybersecurity’ – Register Here (25th August)
- If you’d like to advertise any of your events/webinars on our events calendar, send you event details to: [email protected]