Cyber Security Industry leader
Sophos is now accepting applications for the position of Snr Kubernetes Engineer
Sophos is a worldwide leader in next-generation cybersecurity, protecting more than 500,000 organizations and millions of consumers in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by threat intelligence, AI and machine learning from SophosLabs and SophosAI, Sophos delivers a broad portfolio of advanced products and services to secure users, networks and endpoints against ransomware, malware, exploits, phishing and the wide range of other cyberattacks. Sophos provides a single integrated cloud-based management console, Sophos Central – the centerpiece of an adaptive cybersecurity ecosystem that features a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity vendors. Sophos sells its products and services through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos has major hubs around the globe. More information is available at www.sophos.com
Sophos is building a Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) Development Centre in Cork, Ireland. This new stylish office is in the heart of Cork City (Penrose Dock), perfect for meeting up and collaborating when necessary.
If you are interested in bringing new cloud solutions to market with a modern tool set then we want to talk with you. Security experience is not a must and this is a great opportunity to influence the design, implementation, and culture of the Cork site as it grows. If you have a zest for turning concepts into reality and having fun along the way then reach out to see if we can help unleash that passion.
What you will be doing:
The ideal candidate will have experience working in an agile development team and have experience using Kubernetes (EKS) and Docker to support pipeline automation and manage cloud hosted infrastructure. Some familiarity with network protocols is desired.
What you will bring:
As you can appreciate when establishing a new team we are looking for a diverse skill set so if you have ANY of the essential skills and Kubernetes experience then please reach out to us as we want to build teams with complementary skills that when combined can achieve amazing results.
Essential skills (One or More):
- 5+ years experience working with commercial software of which 2 or more working with containers & microservices (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes environments)
- Experience in developing software using ANY of the following languages Java, Angular, Spring, C/C++, Python, Ruby, Perl, Go
- Experience working with commercial Linux-based products
- Experience working with containers & microservices (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes environments)
- Experience in developing software using network sockets
- Knowledge of different networking protocols (e.g. HTTP/HTTPS, FTP, TCP/IP)
- Excellent software design, coding, and troubleshooting skills
- Sense of humor and a willingness to have fun
Nice to have:
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development environment
- Experience using Test Driven Development practices
- Experience in the development of networking or security products
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Software or equivalent
- Network security certifications.
What’s Great About Sophos?
- Our people – we innovate and create, all of which are accompanied by a great sense of fun and team spirit
- Employee-led diversity and inclusion networks that build community and provide education and advocacy
- Annual charity and fundraising initiatives and volunteer days for employees to support local communities
- Global employee sustainability initiatives to reduce our environmental footprint
- Global fitness and trivia competitions to keep our bodies and minds sharp
- Global wellbeing days for employees to relax and recharge
- Monthly wellbeing webinars and training to support employee health and wellbeing
Our Commitment To You
We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive environment we have at Sophos, and we’re committed to ensuring equality of opportunity. We believe that diversity, combined with excellence, builds a better Sophos, so we encourage applicants that can contribute to the diversity of our team. All applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, sex, gender reassignment, marital status, race, religion or belief, color, age, military veteran status, disability, pregnancy, maternity or sexual orientation. We want to give you every opportunity to show us your best self, so if there are any adjustments we could make to the recruitment and selection process to support you, please let us know.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org