Online Capture The Flag Challenges
Cyber Ireland has teamed up with Technology Ireland ICT Skillnet and ZeroDays to run a series of Capture The Flag Events to raise awareness of Cyber Security Careers & Pathways.
When & Where?
Four Free Online CTFs will be held, one every fortnight starting on Wednesday 29th April @12.00pm (Followed by 13th May, 27th May & 10th June).
Please share these CTFs with your organisations. For further information.
Our Response during COVID-19
Thank you for participating in our members’ survey
to understand the challenges and needs of the cyber security industry
during COVID-19, as well as how the cyber security industry can support
businesses and government during this crisis.
We have listened to your responses and are providing the following services to our members:
- Information on Current Business Supports
- Knowledge Sharing through our Webinars Series
- Promoting our Members through an Events Calendar & Brochure of Cyber Ireland members free resources & solutions for business during COVID-19
- Advocating for the needs of Cyber Security industry to Government
- Wednesday 29th April @12.30pm – NI Cyber presents “Finding New Business Opportunities During Covid-19”. Register HERE
- Thursday 30th April @11am – Business Support Schemes with EI & IDA. Register HERE
- Friday 1st May @2pm – IIBN & Cyber Ireland presents: Ireland Inc. – Global Cyber Security Challenges. Register HERE
- Tuesday, 5th May @10.30am – South Chapter Meeting on ‘From Now to Reopening: Facing the Security Challenges’ (Registration details to come).
- Thursday 7th May @ 11am – COVID-19 Threat Landscape with NCSC & McAfee (Registration details to come).
- 18th – 22nd May – West Chapter Organising Cyber Security Tracks at AtlanTec Confernece 2020: VIRTUAL SESSIONS
New Cyber Events Calendar
We have launched an Events Calendar that aims to be a one-stop site for all cyber related events nationwide, including: Cyber Ireland events, security meet-ups, professional bodies, as well as Cyber Ireland members events. This will be used to send regular updates to our members and the wider business community on all things cyber happening around the country.
To promote your organisations’ events and webinars on the calendar, send the event details to [email protected]e
Research & Development
The Call is an agile and adaptive initiative to support development of innovative solutions that can have rapid demonstrable impact on the current COVID-19 crisis in Ireland.
The scope of the call that may be relevant to cyber security includes:
- Contact tracing and role of data analytics; (potentially security & data privacy too
- Re-purposing of existing technologies, products or processes;
- Mitigation measures relating to the disruption that the crisis is having on Irish society, including impact on essential services and supply chains;
Over €68m EU Funding for Digital Security in
‘Secure Societies’ Call
Are you new to EU R&D Funding and interested in understanding how it works and the benefits? Let us know & we’ll work with the National Contact Point Michael Murphy, to put together an information session for interested organisations.
Current Open Calls as part of ‘Secure Societies’:
- SU-DS02-2020: Intelligent security and privacy management – Budget €38M.
- SU-DS03-2019-2020: Digital Security and privacy for citizens and Small and Medium Enterprises and Micro Enterprises – Budget €10.8M.
- SU-DS04-2018-2020: Cybersecurity in the Electrical Power and Energy System (EPES): an armour against cyber and privacy attacks and data breaches – Budget €20M
Join the online session: ‘Learn about LORCA: Applying for our cyber accelerator’ on Wednesday, Tuesday, 28 April at 4pm. Register Here
- For UK & international companies
- Currently being delivered 100% online
Cyber Careers Dashboard
Check out or new Cyber Careers Dashboard, which promotes cyber security careers & pathways to students and professionals:
- Course Finder – Over 120 courses nationwide from apprenticeships, industry certifications, and higher education courses. Find the most relevant courses near you or online.
- Cyber Careers – Profiling 52 different jobs in the cyber security industry, including technical and non-technical roles, by adopting the NIST National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education(NICE) workforce framework.
- Cyber Jobs Board – A one stop site for cyber security jobs in Ireland to search open vacancies.