Ireland’s Cyber Security Cluster Grows to Over 130 Members!
In 6 Months since the Cyber Ireland launch, over 130 organisations have signed up to the Cluster. This comprises of over 60 MNCs and over 50 SMEs & Start-ups. The majority of member companies are from the Cyber Security sector (45%), as well as Tech (20%), Professional Services (9%), Financial Services, Healthcare and others. We’d like to welcome our new members who joined in November:
We’re looking for Cyber leaders in Dublin, Cork & Galway to organise Regional Chapters of Cyber Ireland.
The Regional Chapters will
- Organise Regional Cyber Ireland Meet-ups
- Support the National Initiatives in each region
- Develop their own initiatives relevant to the region
Opportunity for Irish Education & Training Providers to apply for Erasmus+ Call 2020 & for the first time cybersecurity exercises and cyber ranges are encouraged to be adopted as innovative educational tools. For more information click HERE
We’ve had a fantastic response to the Cyber Security R&D Survey, with over 60 respondents so far from both industry and academia. There are a diverse range of Research Topics and Application areas, seen from the list below. If you haven’t completed the survey there’s still time to do so and by completing it:
- Your research will be promoted to both industry & academia in Ireland
- Participants in the study will be informed of the survey results and will be invited to attend an R&D workshop
- You will be supporting increased industry-academia cyber security R&D in Ireland
Take the survey at: https://www.surveymonkey.
Grow & Export
The report identifies three “opportunity clusters” that can be used as a guide when assessing markets and makes recommendations for companies entering a new market, such as establishing a local presence, obtaining relevant European or national certifications, and to leverage hot and trending topics of interest in the cyber security sector’s sub-segments. For further information and to download the report, see: https://globalambition.ie/
Irish Cyber Security Companies Connect with West Coast USA
What’s Going on in Cyber – December/January:
Ireland’s largest IoT event, Beyond IoT 3, will take place on 20th and 21st January in Cork Institute of Technology. In 2019, Beyond IoT attracted over 500 attendees from start-ups, technologists, VC’s, multinationals, advisors and academics and is now expanding to a two-day event.
The Internet of Things has its own unique cybersecurity considerations, and this year’s conference will explore these issues with:
- Lauren Knausenberger, Director of Cyberspace Innovation at U.S. Air Force.
- Prof. Sally Eaves, Global advisor on emerging tech & “torchbearer for ethical tech,”
- Ralph Echemendia, “The Ethical Hacker”
- Cork|Sec 78 (7pm, 3rd December) at An Spailpin Fanach, Cork – https://www.meetup.com/
- InfoSec Dublin – Social (6.30pm, 23rd January) at the Central Hotel, Dublin –https://www.meetup.com/
- IRISSCON 2019 – If you missed IRISSCON 2019 there’s some great presentations from Brian Honan (IRISSCERT Year In Review), Raj Samani (A Step by Step Guide to Cooking Crab), Mick Moran (NSFW!) and many others at: https://www.youtube.com/
- NCSC Latest News Articles – https://www.ncsc.gov.ie/
- Siren Secures $10 Million Series A Investment as Global Demand for Investigative Intelligence Accelerates – https://siren.io/siren-
secures-10m-series-a- investment-as-global-demand- for-investigative- intelligence-accelerates/
- Sysnet helping three million businesses including Elavon’s customers to improve security and reduce risk – https://irishadvantage.com/
success-stories/how-sysnet- helps-businesses-like-elavon- to-improve-security-and- reduce-risk/