Welcome to Our New Member!
Cyber Ireland National Conference
Free for Members – Registration Coming Soon
Talent & Skills
Cyber Skills is hosting an open day for IT professionals who are looking to up-skill in Cyber Security. Cyber Skills incorporates fully flexible, online courses that are designed in order to give IT Professionals the exact Cyber Security qualifications and skills required by industry. What sets Cyber Skills apart from other Cyber Security courses is that the qualifications will be accredited by Munster Technological University, University of Limerick, Technological University Dublin and University College Dublin.
Zero Days – European Cyber Security Challenge
ZeroDays will run a qualifier for Team Ireland for the European Cyber Security Challenge. It’s aimed at students in senior secondary and 3rd level.
The online qualifier will take place on Saturday 28th August, from 10am-5pm.
Cybersecurity Training and Education in Ireland
Jan Carroll, Cyber Security Lecturer at UCD Academy, wrote an article about the different useful resources available to get started on Cyber Security. Read more here
New Job Posts
- Collaboratory at TU Dublin, Dublin – Senior Technical Officer
- Commsec, Dublin – Penetration Tester
- Cyber Skills, MTU Cork – Technical Researcher
- LearnUpon, Dublin – Information Security Officer
Research & Development + Europe
Horizon Europe R&D Opportunities
Security is one of the main concerns for Europe’s governments, organisations and citizens and is among the top priorities for the European Commission Horizon Europe Programme. On Cyber Ireland’s EU R&D Opportunities workshop in June we heard about upcoming calls in the Cluster 3 Pillar on cyber security.
An overview of currently open calls is available in the Seren4 Newsletter here
EU Pilot certification of cloud products and/or services
Does your company provide a cloud-based service or product?
NSAI is looking for Irish companies to take part in a free pilot certification scheme, A4CEF, offering the unique opportunity to engage upfront with the EU certification process.
For further information contact Denis Ryan ([email protected]) by Friday 27th of August 2021. See:
Call for Irish members of ENISA Ad-Hoc Working Group
The call for applications for the selection of members for ENISA’s Ad Hoc Working group on “EU Cybersecurity Market” has been relaunched. Read more
Grow & Export
Trailblazers Awards Calling All Cybersecurity Start-ups
Six reasons to enter the Tech Trailblazers Awards – here
Final submissions close on September 10th 2021.
For further info and how to apply see here
Ekco acquires Irish cybersecurity specialist Ward Solutions – here
AdaptiveMobile Security acquired by Enea to drive cloud-native 5G security – here
Most recent Cyber Security Market Reports available for Enterprise Ireland Clients – here
- Ekco acquires Irish cybersecurity specialist Ward Solutions – here
- AdaptiveMobile Security acquired by Enea to drive cloud-native 5G security – here
- Most recent Cyber Security Market Reports available for Enterprise Ireland Clients – here
- CWSI Report finds Irish businesses are seeing bigger increases in cybersecurity attacks than their European counterparts – Read more
- CAICI is Irelands first interdisciplinary consortium established to improve cybersecurity awareness in the general population on the island of Ireland – take the Micro Survey
Cyber Ireland Joins Techies GoGreen
Techies Go Green is a movement of IT and tech-oriented companies who are committed to decarbonising their businesses and making them green and verifiably sustainable. Read more
- 27th August. Edgescan & Huawei: Cybersecurity Focus
- 23rd September. IISF Chapter Meeting
- 5th Oct. Cyber Security Summit
- 14th Oct. itag: Cyber Security Summit
See all cyber security events on the event calendar and members can add their events by contacting [email protected]